Monday, January 2, 2012

its time for some poetry!

Flashy words make the world turn but it don't turn right
Flashy words make the world turn but it don't turn right

So I use these, real eyes to, realize the real lies being spoken but not heard 'cause
We are more fascinated by that which are fabricated

The, iconoclastic tactless tactician aims
Tongues spits truth, words like wrecking balls
Bounce off brains 'cause nobody likes to hear what's going on these days it's like
The truth hurts
And we've been lied to a bunch of hollowed minds living on borrowed times and
Nobody likes to hear that and nobody likes to say it either 'cause
Lazy Angels never carry their wings and
Wingless words do nothing but keep us down so
This New York poet yells there is no satisfaction in knowing that
Your life is one of the saddest fictions ever written.

So take your not so satisfactory life back
To the Sadness Factory to
Be reworked and to
Be rewritten and to
Be reconfigured to live right.

Open your brain let your heart go
The Real You has been locked within your ribcage for too long and
Stop trying to hold on to then 'cause that's why it all started.
And about that same time He forgot fun
She lost hope and now We
Can't find anything.

And I swear to God if I could swear to God I'd ask Her
What the fuck was She thinking when She gave us Free Will
'Cause we done fucked things up 'cause
Kids dont play and God don't pray
'Cause it's out of Her hands now.

See I've rewritten the Bible after getting over the primal rage
Of finding my name disguised within a Bible's page and
People trying to dissect my destiny to find that
Words somehow make the world turn but it really doesn't turn right.
And suddenly the world stops spinning because words weren't good enough.

So I tell you a blind man once told me the true meaning of love at first sight
So I close my eyes and I recited this poem
To a audience of one that found total gratification and my undivided attention
And when I opened my eyes I found myself standing before a mirror
Staring into the eyes of an invisible man until my pupils became pupils
And I could teach myself to live a better life.

From a piece of mind brings peace of mind all I gotta do is give a piece of mine
Only the words piece together the pieces in me to create peace within me.
But shit they are all pieces
Pieces to a puzzle which when put together, is me.

So let me tell you something
Don't ever do anything you're not supposed to
And speak only when spoken to
And don't speak unless you mean
'Cause a good man is hard to find
and a hard man is good to find
And I'm half the man I used to be and
One fourth the person I should be or could be
'Cause I sacrificed freedom for stardom
After being fucked out of my freedom without a condom
Now how dumb was I.

Words, break these words down to the syllables
They all are the silly bulls they represent
And what do I represent?
Well it's hard to say when my rep resents the fact that I have to question myself when each time that question represents itself.
I can, therefore I am and,
Sticks and stones may break your bones but Words will always teach you

And here is his famous preformance from Def Poetry

Enjoy it and Happy New Year....

3 comments:

  1. ...Lazy Angels never carry their wings and
    Wingless words do nothing but keep us down.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...And when I opened my eyes I found myself standing before a mirror
    Staring into the eyes of an invisible man until my pupils became pupils
    And I could teach myself to live a better life..."
    This guy Shihan is amazing. I really miss Def Poetry Jam.

    ReplyDelete